Thanksgiving 2014 Countdown: 10 Days of Grace
For the 10 days before Thanksgiving 2014, do a little planning, try out a healthy habit, and write down what you’re grateful for.
7 Days to Thanksgiving! Thursday, November 20, 2014
- Plan a little: Plan some races for 2015! Many Rock N Roll race events are discounted today (11/20).
- Start this habit: Every day for the next week, eat your last meal of the day before 7 or 8pm.
- Gratitude journal: Who are you looking forward to seeing this holiday season?
8! Wed, November 19, 2014
- Plan a little: Move your feet before you eat on Thanksgiving! Sign up for the Oceanside Turkey Trot, or any Turkey Trot near you!
- Start this habit: Between now & next Thursday, go for a walk, 5 minutes or more, every day.
- Gratitude journal: Have you reached or will you be reaching any milestones this year?
9! Tue, November 18, 2014
- Plan a little: Pick your biggest holiday challenge, and write out some ways you could try handling them. Cross out anything that hasn’t worked in the past. Ask for help!
- Start this habit: For dinner between now and next Thursday, eat 2-3 cups of vegetables and 1-3 servings of protein (1 serving protein is about 4oz meat/chicken/fish or 1 cup beans or 1 cup dairy).
- Gratitude journal: Who helped you get something done this week? Or at least tried?
10! Monday, November 17, 2014
- Plan a little: Prepare to eat lighter fare for the next 10 days: fruits, vegetables, proteins, soups. Write out the meals and foods you’d like to eat before and on Thanksgiving.
- Start this habit: Eat 1-2 pieces of fruit every day.
- Gratitude journal: What’s the best thing that happened to you this weekend?
Will keep updating this as the countdown progresses…