Last-Minute Marathon Tips
Congrats to everyone running a marathon or half this weekend! Here are some last minute tips for your race:
- Read the final race instructions and the course map. Check out water stations, potties, and elevation.
- Keep with you a list of things you want to remember about race day, and jot things down as they occur to you.
- Get plenty of sleep all week.
- Make final arrangements for travel, carpool, parking, etc.
- Wait until after the race to try anything new, such as new exercises and physical activities, shoes, clothes, foods, etc.
- If you must replace shoes or gear, try to buy the same things that worked before, and give them a test run a few days before the race.
- Keep your runs fun and easy this week, then stay off your feet on the day before the race.
- Prepare your gear and food the night before, and set 2 or 3 alarms for race morning.
- Skip any drinks or foods served on the course if you’ve never tried them before. Better stick to water and the foods you know.
- When you see a photographer, run fast and smile!
Good luck and have fun!