25 Random Things About Christine
There is a Facebook game going on where you write 25 random things about you and get 25 friends to do the same. Yes, it’s narcissistic, and no, the 25 things aren’t really random. But it’s still fun, and I’m enjoying reading people’s lists.
RULES: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs (+) on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
- I’m always delighted to have a cup of coffee with you.
- I show up to parties with Pictionary and Taboo.
- I crave good storytelling. Right now, I’m hooked on Lost and Neil Gaiman.
- If someone asked me to join an 80s cover band, I’d BE THERE.
- My personal web site from the 90s is still up: http://he.net/~jabrwock/
- I’m “nerd Asian”… as opposed to “hot Asian”. This is disappointing, no matter how secure I try to be about it.
- To distract people from the un-hot nerdness, I pose as “island Asian,” even though I’ve only surfed 3 times. And only with that big foam board that newbies use.
- Hawaii is my favorite place to visit.
- San Diego is my favorite place to live.
- Watching the sunrise and sunset at the beach always puts everything into perspective for me.
- I like long distance running and heavy lifting and boxing. I think I like feeling beat up.
- I fenced for the UCLA Men’s Sabre team.
- I love taking classes. I’ll take just about any class as long as the instructor is good.
- Kirk might be fun for a few drinks, but I’m a Picard girl.
- I like songs that break my heart.
- My patronus is a dragon.
- A lot of “healthy” foods (whole wheat, sprouts, nonfat milk) give me gas or rashes.
- I avoid yoga and meditation classes because the chanting makes me giggle, and it’s probably negative karma to piss off a yogi.
- I’m pretty good with dogs, cats, and horses. Not so good with fish and plants.
- I miss my cat. I had her since junior high, and she was a week shy of 23 years old when we had to let her go.
- My two best friends are my husband and my sister.
- I like working non-stop. But I like being married more.
- My husband and I use to be engineers. Now we’re a airline pilot and a personal trainer. Notice how much sexier that sounds.
- I’m a naturalized US citizen, and I truly love being American.
- I like feeling loved, and I hope I make you feel loved.