1000 Rep Challenge for January 2015: Burpees
The 1000 Rep Challenge
Complete 1000 reps of a selected exercise in a month.
For left-right exercises, like 1-arm presses and lunges, count 1000 reps PER SIDE, 2000 total.
January 2015: Burpees
Happy New Year! Let’s start 2015 off with burpees! This total body exercise gets your heart pumping without any equipment.
In addition, there are many variations with and without equipment to keep you from plateauing or getting bored. Keep reading for videos and variations after the challenge guidelines.
IMPORTANT! Challenge Guidelines
To develop healthy habits while reducing risks of injury:
- Plan your 1000 reps on a consistent schedule with regular rest days.
- Take no more than 1 or 2 rest days in a row.
- Perform sets of no more than 20 reps at a time.
- Perform no more than 100 total reps per day.
- Check with your fitness trainer that you are performing the selected exercise with safe, effective form.
- Consult your doctor, fitness trainer, and other health professionals to make sure that your exercise plan supports your health goals and level of fitness.
- You may need to modify the exercise, pick another exercise, or adjust the number of reps.
What are burpees?
Burpees are variations on this basic squat thrust exercise:
These are classic burpees with a pushup and jump:
Interested in these and other burpee variations? If you’re in San Diego North County, come by for a workout and learn a few! We can also check your form for safety. Your first workout is always on me. Text or call me at 760-575-HAPPY (4277) for schedule and availability.
Thanks to Mike Deibler of San Diego Premier Training for creating the videos above. If you find them helpful, you can see 97 other variations at his ultimate burpee reference site with videos, 99Burpees.com, all for less than the cost of two lattes. Thank you for supporting both me and Mike if you choose to purchase access to the site.